Office of the Senior Associate Provost
for the Harvard Library
The Office of the Senior Associate Provost for the Harvard Library is responsible for policy formulation and strategy development with a focus on the future that will set the standard for academic libraries in the 21st century in both the physical and virtual context. The Office represents the Harvard Library's university-wide institutional relationships and promotes collaboration both internally and externally to achieve the strategic objectives established by the Harvard Library Board. It oversees the Harvard Library organization.
The Office provides the following programs in support of its charge:
- Policy research and development
- Strategy development
- Innovation promotion within the Library community at Harvard and among our partners
- A research community covering trends in information behavior, scholarly communications, information innovation in academia, libraries, information science, the information industry, and knowledge management and their potential impact on the future of the library at Harvard University
- Access to expertise through a global network of practitioners and scholars
- Promotion of the Harvard Library internally and externally to Harvard
For more information on current library projects at Harvard click here.
For more information on any of the above please contact us.